cruft for the world.

November 15, 2006

Superflat Single #48 / Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow are the newest contributors to the Blips and Ifs Superflat Singles collection. I met Tony (the genius behind the Evil Geniuses) during a few parties late October. First time we were carving pumpkin heads and then on Hallowe'en dressed up as Dr.Jacobi from Twin Peaks and I had a pencil in my face. It was good to party with my wife while my kids were subdued by relatives. After the Jello shooters I don't recall that much.

Later that week...
Tony sent me some links to his music, including a Brooklyn style illbient scratch & sample based turntablism track. Superflat Single #48 is that song. The Evil Geniuses were pleased to share their music and we are glad.

Listen to blipsandifs048.mp3 - 2.6 MB

5 comments:

Stabbington McChopper said...

wow ... brilliant cover! your work, moiler?

Unknown said...

yes...I like this Single not only because of the music, but the band name lends itself to comic bookesque imagery quite nicely.

the boats said...

MAN!! I really really like this track! I like guessing all the samples.. Star trek, Miles Davis,Santana!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! SANTANA REMINDS ME OF THE TIME MOIL WHERE WE WERE WATCHING TRUE ROMANCE @ MY PARENT'S HOUSE DURING A PARTY!! AND SOMEONE FIGURED OUT HOW TO WORK THE RECORD PLAYER.... and that is what came on... man... then I turned two dimensional!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure that was all on the same night (and I mean I'm not sure)...but I most certainly remember something about the Elvi, 2 dimensional patterns and a series of white pieces of paper turned black.

Stabbington McChopper said...

'nother great thing about this track is that it's so different from anything our in-house producers would make....

for me too, the Star Trek sample is particularly well placed.

And moiler next time I have a track up here can i have a cover like that?? Tachikoma is a comic book character too... originally..... and dub bear has been known to hide away in his dub-hole, hibernating and reading comic books about salmon and etc